Financial Aid

Financial Aid

Financial Aid

How Can I Pay for My Degree?

Fresno Pacific University offers federal, state and private financial aid programs to help you pay for college. In fact, more than 98% of FPU students use some type of financial aid. Please see below for your financial aid options and instructions for applying for financial aid.


Types of Financial Aid Available


Federal Loans

The U.S. Department of Education has a federal student loan program:

Public Service Loan Forgiveness

If you are employed by a government or not-for-profit organization, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. 

The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program was created to encourage individuals to enter and continue working in full-time public service jobs in local, state, federal or nonprofit (501(c)(3)) organizations. The PSLF program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Federal Student Loans after 120 on-time payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information about Public Service Loan Forgiveness, please visit the Office of Federal Student Aid.

Federal and State Grants

Grants can come from the federal government, your state government or a private or nonprofit organization. Be sure to apply for any grants for which you might be eligible. If you have questions, please contact us using the form on this page.

For a complete list of federal eligibility requirements, visit the Federal Student Aid website.

Private Loans

If you need additional funding for college, you may apply for funding through a private lending agency. Private loans can have higher interest than federal financial aid, so remember to apply for federal financial aid first. Fresno Pacific University cannot recommend private lenders, but you can compare your student loan options at Fast Choice.


How Do I Know If I’m Eligible for Federal Financial Aid?

Federal Student Aid, an Office of the U.S. Department of Education, outlines the eligibility requirements for individuals looking for federal aid to fund their online degree program.

How To Apply for Federal Aid

  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at (List Fresno Pacific University on your FAFSA application using our school code, 001253.)

  • Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Loan Counseling at

  • Once you have been accepted and your FAFSA, MPN, Entrance Loan Counseling and additional verification documents (if required) are received, you will receive an email through Campus Cruiser about your Official Award Letter.

  • Accept or decline any or all aid through Campus Cruiser. Instructions will be included in the email.