Transfer Student FAQs

Transfer Student FAQs

Transfer Student FAQs

Find out the answers to important questions about transferring to Fresno Pacific University. If you have a question that is not addressed below - please contact an Admissions Advisor who can offer further assistance.

Does FPU Online Accept Transfer Credits?

Yes. Fresno Pacific University Online allows you to transfer a maximum of 70 community college units towards your BA. This generous transfer policy means:

  • Less time spent on general education courses

  • Complete your degree more quickly

  • Save money based on the number of units you transfer over.

Who Can Transfer Credits?

Individuals looking to transfer credits to their Fresno Pacific University Online degree you may want to speak to a Program Representative especially if you:

  • Have a degree from an accredited two-year program (ex. Associates or community college courses)

  • Have taken courses at an accredited four-year institution

  • Taken courses at an approved unaccredited institution

  • Taken CLEP or AP examinations

  • Have documented Military Training  

How Do I Know What Courses Will Transfer?

All credit transfers and determinations are made by the Registrar’s office. You will need an official academic transcript/transcripts once evaluated and admitted to FPU you will work directly with your Admissions Advisor. Transcripts can be sent to FPU in person, by mail or electronically ( Send the transcript to Fresno Pacific University as soon as possible. Credits will most likely apply to general education or elective courses. Learn more.

What Do I Need To Do To Transfer Credits?

Step 1. Contact a Program Representative

Step 2. Your Program Representative will guide you through the process of obtaining the necessary transcripts to send to the FPU Registrar’s Office.

Step 3. Working with the Program Representative,  hand in your transcripts or send to and the Registrar’s Office will determine what courses may fulfill general education or major requirements.

Can prior classes from an accredited four-year bachelor or master’s program count as credits?

 Yes. Typically the credits transferred from another program are general education and elective credits. although you may have taken courses that count towards your major as well.


Can I transfer credits from a community college or credits from my associate’s degree program?

Yes, You may be able to transfer credits if you  took college level courses from an accredited two-year institution or received you associate’s degree.

What if my program/school wasn’t accredited?

Fresno Pacific University may accept credits from approved non-accredited programs/institutions.

I’m a veteran or actively serving military personnel, will courses I have taken during the time I served be accepted?

Yes. If you’ve served in the military, college-level courses you have taken during your period of service  may earn you credits. Eligible veterans and their dependents seeking educational training may qualify to use Title 38, Chapters 30, 31, 33, 35 and 1606/1607. Refer to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for eligibility criteria.

Will my CLEP or AP test scores count as credits?

Depending on your CLEP or AP test score your test may be equivalent to some Fresno Pacific University Courses.

If you have further questions, please reach out and contact us directly or fill out the “Request More Information” form on this page.


Our Online Degree Programs